Kate Forsyth gave this interview on my previous blog site in 2014. Since then she has written a number of other books which can be found at http://www.kateforsyth.com.au
- What does your workspace look like?I have a book-lined study with pale green walls that looks out over the garden to the harbour and the ocean. The walls are hung with covers and illustrations from my books and I have a big chair where I can sit and read and drink a cup of tea. I’m actually in the midst of repainting the room – on one wall, I’m going to have a quote from one of my books. It’ll read ‘May my heart be kind, my mind fierce, and my spirit brave.’
- Who or what inspires your work?
The story is what inspires me. I get an idea for a story, my imagination catches fire, and all I have to do is follow where the story takes me.
- What advice would you offer aspiring writers?
Be patient and persistent – it takes time and dedication to write a novel. And, most importantly, be brave!
- How did you feel when your first manuscript was accepted to be published?
Just as happy as you can imagine.
- What dreams do you have for your writing career?
To spend the rest of my life writing stories.
Further information about Kate’s books can be found at http://www.kateforsyth.com.au